Salary policy & work-life balance
At OnlineDoctor we believe that a fair salary, that considers your personal senority level, your education and the country you live in, is one of the key factors for the job decision.
Here are some of our thoughts about this topic:
- If we paid the lowest wage possible, we would not be able to attract and hire people with the skillset and mindset we are looking for. One of our main goals is to make sure we hire top professionals from Germany or Switzerland, who have the incentive to do their daily work according to the high standards we expect, no matter if you are a junior or a senior employee.
- If we paid the highest wage possible, we would have a hard time to keep our overall-cost structure on a fair level and therefore to hire fewer people. Also, instead of serving our mission to reduce costs for telemedicine and to enable equal access to medicine, we would actually need to do the exact opposite, since we would have to increase our pricing model.
Besides the monetary aspects, work-life balance plays an important role at OnlineDoctor. We strive for an environment where every employee can benefit from our flexible structures with work-anywhere culture, flexible working hours and possibilities for part-time employment.
For our salaries, we weigh the working environment, flexibility and learning culture against financial aspects. In other words: we are not a bank or a big global player – and we are also not an early-stage startup, where you can read the message "willing to go the extra mile" everywhere on the company's website.
Our wish is that you consider carefully all the thoughts above, when entering salary you want to earn.
- Be precise: we value precision, realism and fairness. That means you should not inflate your salary expectation. If you can appraise your work's worth accurately, we definitely appreciate this transparency.
- We are interested in a number: the salary per year, that you are satisfied with and that we can then grow – depending on your performance, of course. Please enter the number before taxes.
- Please consider your starting salary as a point that you can grow. Depending on your performance and the economical situation of the company, we want to value your efforts and your contribution. If you start at the highest possible salary, there will be no room for growing, which is an unsatisfying situation for everyone.
- We at OnlineDoctor are proud of our learning culture. Nevertheless it definitely plays a role if you already have experience with our market, tools or technologies. To give you an example: assuming you apply for a software engineering position, it makes a difference if you already have gained experience with our tech stack or if you are an experienced software engineer, but the match with our technologies is only at 20 %. In this case you can not expect the same salary as someone who has become a domain matter expert over the last years.